Thursday, June 7, 2012

Its been 2 years

First off, a wonderful Happy Birthday to my beautiful baby boy. I can't believe two years have come and gone. I feels like yesterday that I was in the hospital, nervous as hell, wondering If I could be a good mother to this unborn baby boy. He is now 2 years old, and as healthy as could be.

Its been rough at times, and there have been moments that I will never forget. The joy of life is nothing short of a miracle. I have been learning just as much as he has, and we have both helped each other along the way. He has let me know that I am good enough for this journey in life, and I hope that I have shown him unconditional love. He is the reason I wake up in the morning, waiting for all the excitement to come for the day. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

I can sit there and just stare, wondering how me and my husband could have made such a beautiful and kind thing. He makes me laugh everyday, and there are times he makes me want to pull my hair out. I love him through it all.

All I can hope for is that I raise him the best of my ability and that it will make him grow into a wonderful person. I want him to feel like he can do anything that he puts his mind to, and I will never put down restrictions when it comes to his dreams. If he wants to be a great artist, go for it. If its a famous composer, awesome. The only thing that can hold him back is himself. Yes, I do know that he is just two, but believe me, planning needs to start immediately. Because once you have a child, you hardly have time to do anything, and the years will fly by. I feel like just a couple months ago, I was making his cake for his first birthday. I can remember almost every detail of that day, down to the weather outside. I wish I could slow time down for just a bit, so that I can savor these moments, but unfortunately that can't be. I suppose that is why parents run around with a camera glued to their hands. You have to get these moments before they pass you by, and time and age take them away from you.

I may not have finished college, or completed some of the achievements that others have, but I do know one thing, and it is the most important. My greatest accomplishment was my son, and for that, I couldn't be happier with my life. I can't wait for the years to come, experiencing everything that life has to offer with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment