Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nose piercing

I got my nose pierced today, and it turned out much better than anticipated. I would have never gotten my nose pierced before. I always though of a bleached blonde bimbo with a matching belly button ring. I hate stereotyping, but hey, that's what popped into my head.

I am no stranger to piercings and tattoos. I have had my conch, helix, monroe (twice), lip, nipples, belly button, tongue, and I still have my lobes pierced twice. I have four tattoos, one on my hip, my foot, a side piece and my lower back. Usually something happens where I have to take them out, but then I start getting the itch to get something else done, and just like my hair, I hate doing the same thing twice. I always have to try something new. I have no idea why. So for a while now, I have been wanting my nose done. I really wanted a nasallang, but I couldn't find anyone close by that would do those. So I have decided that I will just get two nostril piercings, one on each side. I am only doing these one at a time. Just so I can focus on the healing of just one piercing.

So because I have had so much done, I wasn't nervous at all, and I should have been. Well I was wishing that I had been. It was extremely painful, and I must have a thick nostril. The piercer had a hard time pushing the needle through. I did tear up and it was completely involuntary. As soon as the needle went in, this huge tear ran down my face onto my neck. Of course the hubby thought I was crying from the pain. He knows me well enough that its going to take a whole lot more than a little piercing to bring the waterworks. I expected to tear up, but not as much as I did. It was like someone had put about three drops of eye drops in my eye.
Putting the jewelry in wasn't bad at all and he was done.

I really do like it. I wasn't sure if I had the "nose" for it, but it looks great. I am very happy with it, and I will definitely be getting the other side done after this one heals. :)

I do not get piercings because of other people. I do it for myself and only myself. My husband does not like nose rings, but he knows that if I want to do something, I am going to do it. I don't try to impress people and tattoos and piercings are not just a fad to me. Some of the most beautiful people to me are pierced and tatted up. I love seeing the art work and I think it brings out the inner beauty of a person. To me a tattoo is the inner beauty and personality of a person brought to the surface with their art.  There is always a story behind each tattoo.

Okay now I'm just getting off the subject. The guy who did the piercing is Casey at Tattoos by Casey, and he did an excellent job. They have a Facebook page, so go check them out. He has pictures of his work and their contact info.

My shiny booger ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Great post.Thanks for sharing this article with us.Keep posting!!Piercing in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post.Thanks for sharing this article with us.Keep posting!!
    Piercing in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post.Thanks for sharing this article with us.Keep posting!!!
    Piercings in chennai

    ReplyDelete