Monday, October 8, 2012

Catching Up

Okay, so things have been pretty hectic lately and I haven't updated as much as I would have liked to. We moved back to Washington state and are helping my husband's grandma at the moment. She has been in pretty bad shape and needs someone here to help her move around and such. She is doing better now and is working towards getting back to her old self, so that is great news.

I am so happy to be back on the northwest coast. There is nothing like it. The beauty that surrounds you when you step outside and the coastal winds already blowing. It is absolutely awesome. I can't even begin to explain how I feel when I wake up in the morning. We are in a place where you can go to the beach and stand in front of the pacific and turn around and see the mountains. It's amazing. I've never been much for hot weather, so the fact that it hardly goes over 78 degrees outside is really nice. 

I originally am from Kentucky and always felt like I never belonged there. My goal in life was to get out of there and see what else this world has to offer. When I met my husband, he was from WA and it's a long story of how he ended up in KY, so I won't get into that. So we decided to come over here. I wanted a better life for my son then I had back home. He has more opportunities here, and has a chance to go to some great schools. It is a complete culture change here.

For instance, my hair is pink and in KY people would stare at me. Maybe they were in awe, or maybe they were thinking that I was some hooligan. Who knows, but here people do not care what you wear, or how you look, they are more concerned about what they are doing, then what you are doing. For me, I find it relieving. I'm not saying that is how all places are back home, but in the really small town I live in, that seems to be how they are.

Anyways, I will be putting some tutorials up soon and I would like to know what you all would want to see. Let me know in the comments and I will get it up.  


No comments:

Post a Comment