Sunday, December 30, 2012

Laura Geller Fresh Brewed Beauty Collection

Again, I want to apologize for the slacking off I have done lately. I have tried to update as often as I can, but it looks like I have failed miserably. With the move to Washington, I have finally settled in and have been meaning to write a review on Laura Geller's Fresh Brewed Beauty collection. I have had this since October and am just now getting to write this. Well, better late than never right.
The packaging is just awesome and I love the creativity that went into it. You can purchase this for $60 at QVC. When this first came out, they had a ton of promotional prices on it, so you may be able to stumble across this at a lower price.

I actually won this from Beautystat. They are a wonderful company that reviews all things makeup and beauty and it seems like they are always hosting giveaways. It is also the most random way I discovered them. I checked my twitter one day and saw that I had a follower request and it was from them. I usually don't pay attention to most requests, because of the fact that I have never heard from them and afraid that it may be a spammer. For some reason I decided to follow them and check them out. I am so, so happy that I did, because this is now a regularly visited site for me now.



Okay, back on track. I entered for the collection and ended up being one of the winners. So after using it, I knew I had to tell you all about it. So this is what was in the package.
Baby hand getting curious :)
It comes in four shades for her foundation. Porcelain, Fair, Regular, and Tan. I chose fair because I'm pretty light and it was the perfect shade for me. As of now on QVC, the porcelain shade is on Wait list and Tan is completely out of stock.

It includes:
-The Balance N Brighten Foundation which retails for $30 alone on QVC
-The Baked Highlighter in French Vanilla with the double ended face and eye sponge
-Baked ImPRESSions eye palette in Creamy Latte
-Baked ImPRESSions blush in Mauve Mocha Latte
-Color drenched Lip Gloss in Cafe au Lait

What is so interesting about this collection is she incorporated caffeine in the blush and eyeshadow makeup. Caffeine is supposed to stimulate and rejuvenate the skin and the lip gloss is coffee scented. Which if any of you readers are like me, then that is a bonus all on its own. I love coffee scented anything beside being a coffaholic (yes I made that word up). These items are also not only baked, but pressed. There is a pamphlet that is included that explains how they are made. I believe it takes a total of 48 hours to just make the foundation. It is a repetitive process of baking it and then pressing it, so you are getting a very densely packed amount of foundation. I have been using this foundation about 4 times a week since October and it hasn't even made a dent.

Her Balance N Brighten foundation is my favorite item out of everything. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of the foundation open, but sometimes I don't think and this is what happens. If you can see, it is swirled with different pigments, so that you don't need a certain shade. Which I like, because I am the world's worst at picking a foundation that matches my skin. If you are a full coverage kind of gal or guy, then this foundation is not for you. It is a light to a medium if you build it up enough, which is what I like. I don't like a lot of makeup on my face and this does even out some discoloration on my skin and it does leave my skin looking a little glowing. If it is one of those times that I could use some more coverage, then I will take my Donna Michelle Foundation and then use this powder over it. It takes away the shine of a liquid foundation and leaves a nice matte finish. I've also noticed that this foundation is not long lasting. I can put it on that morning and by that evening, when I wash my face, you'd never even known that I had put foundation on, but again, that is not an issue for me.


The second item is the Baked Highlighter. I will never use another highlighter again. I absolutely loved this highlighter. When you first look at it, it looks like a light matte eyeshadow, but it is slightly pearlescent. This works great on the nose, the cheek bones, under the eyebrows, on the cupid's bow, in the inner corner of the eyes, on the chin, pretty much anywhere you need a highlighter. It really does give a natural glow without being to shimmery or glittery. I use this even when I am not putting foundation on and I just use this and some mascara. There is nothing bad to say about this product to be honest.

Okay, here is the blush. As you can see, another bit of awesomeness is the coffee bean pattern, which is on this and the eyeshadow. It serves no purpose, but I do like the eye candy. This is a very subtle blush and I have never worn blush until I received this, so it is a great way if you are wanting to start wearing blush but are scared out of your mind that you will look like Mimi Bobeck, then this is the blush for you. Something I forgot to mention, is that you can apply these products dry, or if they are just to mild for you, you can wet your makeup brush and get a more vivid shade. You have plenty of room to play around with these. I don't use much of this and I still get a very nice hint of color on my cheeks.

Here's the eyeshadow. Same neat coffee bean pattern. I thought this was supposed to be incorporated to create one color, but then read the booklet and these are supposed to create a full eye look. The lightest color is supposed to go on your lid. The middle color is for your crease and the darkest color is for a liner. I do love the natural look that this creates. The liner color gives a little bit of depth, without anyone knowing there is liner on your eyes. If you are looking for a no makeup look, then this is the shadow palette for you. The blush, foundation, eye shadows and gloss are all matte colors. The only hint of shimmer is the highlighter. So if you like the dewey look and the sparkle and shimmer, then this is not for you. I haven't tried this yet, but you could also apply the dark color wet to get a more prominent line. I don't use this eyeshadow regularly, but when I am looking for something subtle, this is the palette I go to.

Lastly, the lip gloss. First off, I love the scent. It is coffee scented, but I find that this gloss is too heavy for me. It seems like no matter how hard I try, I get a glob of this on my lips and it's aggravating. It could be that I am not really into lip glosses and have just started wearing them since my Girlactik gloss. I do like the matte color. I don't really do shimmer often, but there are the occasional moments. This is very muted, but you do get a nice shine if that makes any sense.

All in all, I really do like this kit. They all have there little flaws, but as a whole I would purchase this in the future...when I run out of what I have, but everything seems to be lasting quite a while and if I had paid for this kit, I would have no regrets. If you love the natural look, then this is a great collection to have. The eyeshadow alone is a great staple product and you can get very creative. If anyone has any questions, then just let me know down below and I will be more than happy to answer.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and I am looking forward to a new year as I hope all of you do as well. Be safe and have fun ringing in the New Year :D




No comments:

Post a Comment