Friday, July 13, 2012

Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy Review

Here we go with another review on the Summer Voxbox list. I needed a few uses of this shampoo and conditioner before I felt comfortable enough to write an honest reivew.
*Disclaimer: I received this product along with some others by Influenster complimentary, to use, test and evaulate*

Okay, everyone hates dry scalp and flakes. I know I do not want to be wearing a nice black top and look over and looking like I just stepped out of a snow storm. However, I also want my hair to smell nice. Dandruff shampoos do not have the greatest reputation when it comes to the smell of them. So which do you sacrifice? Smell or flakes? Well now you don't have to choose (did I really just type a sales pitch? That was not intentional).

Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy Shampoo and conditioner


When I saw this in my box, I had no intentions on using it. I bleach my hair, so I have a restorative mask that I use every time I wash my hair. Damaged hair is no laughing matter and I refuse to go out looking like I stuck my finger in a light socket. That was my initial reaction. Then I got home and did a more thorough look. I wanted to give it a chance though, at least the shampoo. So I took the lid off and could automatically smell it. I must say it was pretty amazing. It completely caught me by surprise. Most of the time when I'm shopping for shampoo I really have to get my nose to the bottle and usually end up squeezing shampoo into my nose (never fails). I can't really explain the smell, but it smelled clean and sweet. Could this have really been a dandruff shampoo? I honestly thought that it wouldn't work, because there is no scalp shampoo out there that has a scent I would even want to put on my dog.

So the time came to put it to use. I put it in my hair and made a good lather, making sure to massage my scalp (never use your nails to scratch it, it causes damage to the skin). I go to rinse it out and at that point, I didn't even feel the need to use the conditioner. My fingers were going right through my hair wet! It was awesome. Then I thought, if the shampoo made my hair feel this silky, then what will the conditioner do to it. So I actually used a conditioner of than my Argan oil (which is crazy), and of course it made my hair feel even softer. So even if this stuff didn't work, at least my hair would feel and smell great which is a plus on it's own.

There wasn't much of a difference in the way my head felt flaky wise I guess you could say. I don't have a dandruff problem, but I have a dry scalp problem and I can scratch my head and have skin in my nails (yes i'm sure that's a little too much information, but it has to be said). Then I used it the second time, and the next day I went to rub my head and already it had made a difference. It felt like my head had been exfoliated. It was very soft and smooth. The third time had completely gotten rid of the problem.

Three uses and the dry scalp problem is gone. I think I have found my new shampoo. Still can't replace my argan oil mask, but I may cut down on how much I use that and use the conditioner for the days I don't use my mask. I did not think I would be completing a positive review for this product. I have to say that Clear Hair blew my socks off (yep I just said that).

So if you do have a dry scalp, or a dandruff problem, this is a great solution. Not only will it work fast, but it smells great. No one will ever know that you are even using one. There is not one trace of dandruff shampoo smell. I know what the ingredient is that does it, but cannot remember it to save my life right now.I will definitely be buying the full size bottles when I run out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment